Do You or Someone You Know Compulsively Steal?
Are you a Kleptomaniac?
An Impulsive Thief?
Well don't fret, there is hope if you truly desire to stop!!
Check out this article on Newsmax.com
Kleptomania is a well known impulse-control disorder characterized by an intense urge to steal things.
A person suffering from this disorder experiences a compulsive urge to steal items, usually of trivial value.
It often occurs among people with obsessive compulsive disorder or bulimia.
Here are the top five symptoms of kleptomania:
1. An intense urge to steal: This is the most prominent of all kleptomania symptoms. Kleptomaniacs do not need the items they steal. In fact, very often, these items are not even used by them. Items could include paper clips, pens, flowers, spoons, or pencils. Kleptomaniacs are usually
anxious, stressed, and tense. They steal in order to calm themselves. Stealing is the only way they can relieve themselves of this tension. Kleptomania signs include restlessness and unexplained anxiety before stealing.
2. A feeling of relief, fear, or anxiety after stealing: Some kleptomaniacs feel a sense of relief after stealing. They may even feel calm after the episode. On the other hand, others may exhibit symptoms such as guilt, remorse, fear, and self-loathing. However, almost all find it impossible to control their kleptomania, and as a result, the cycle repeats itself sooner or later.
3. Lack of malice: People suffering from this impulse-control disorder do not hold a grudge against the person they are stealing from. This is one of the symptoms of kleptomania that differentiates shop-lifters and kleptomaniacs. Kleptomaniacs do not steal for personal gain. They steal because they find it almost impossible to control their urge. They do not target a particular individual or a shop for a specific reason. They steal to alleviate their anxiety.
4. Compulsive stealing: This is one of the symptoms of kleptomania that makes it an impulse disorder. These people steal regularly, mostly from public places. Although some of them feel guilty after stealing, the anxiety and need for euphoria sets in again, making them repeat the
5. Lack of conduct disorder or manic episodes: Kleptomania symptoms do not include antisocial or manic behavior. People exhibiting signs of kleptomania do not need an accomplice; they stealthily pick an item and leave the place. The item is stashed away along with other stolen items from different places. They do not behave inappropriately or suffer from conduct disorders. They do not get violent or psychotic. They just steal, compulsively.
If you happen to encounter a kleptomaniac, please observe closely and approach a psychotherapist with a list of their symptoms. Try and ensure that the person suffering from the problem receives adequate help, immediately.
Read Latest Breaking News from Newsmax.com
(Read more: Kleptomania: Top Five Symptoms)
Kleptomaniacs are not bad people. They just have problems dealing with stress. They become upset and they steal to calm themselves.
It's not a desire to hurt that causes this act, rather it's a desire to feel good, peaceful and
For someone who suffers from Kleptomania, the only way to feel good, is to steal.
It's a horrible cycle.
You feel bad so you steal.
Stealing makes you feel bad,
so you steal again
This way will only lead to more pain and detriment. Either the feelings of remorse will overwhelm you or law enforcement will when you finally get caught for your crimes.
Fortunately, this cycle CAN be broken because there is another way,
An easier way...
What if you could feel good without stealing?
What if you could stop stealing as soon as Tomorrow?
It's possible with the Kleptomania Curer.
This subliminal message:
-Helps you Mentally confront your triggers and reasons for addiction.
-Helps you consciously redirect your cravings away from stealing and to other positive venues.
-Helps you feel empowered and to accept with great confidence that you can beat your addiction to Stealing.
Some of the affirmations included in this message are:
I do not need to steal to have a good time.
I do not need to steal to rest or relax.
I do not need to steal to deal with stress and pain.
I am strong enough to face pain and fear without stealing.
I am completely capable of living my life without stealing.
I can easily live my life without stealing.
These Affirmations work after just one night of use!
If you want to be Free from Kleptomania,